Want to know which vendors will be at the market each week?
Join our e-news mailing list!
After careful consideration of how best to address public health on market days, we have decided that we will no longer require reservations to visit the farm market. At peak hours we may ask patrons to briefly wait to enter in order to manage crowd density. We appreciate the community’s ongoing support of the market and ask that you respect market rules so that we can continue to bring you excellent local goods each Saturday!
John Jay Homestead’s Farm Market returns for the 2020 season on Saturday, June 6, and will operate through October 2020. In order to comply with NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets guidelines, we have instituted the following new rules and procedures for the 2020 season for the safety of our patrons, vendors, and staff:
• Please follow the signs for our separate entrance and exit.
• Masks must be worn at all times by everyone attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear gloves. Each vendor stall will have hand sanitizer; additional hand sanitizer will be available at the market manager’s table.
• Only one patron may be in a vendor booth at once; each vendor will have a waiting line with 6-foot spacing.
• Patrons may not touch or handle anything at vendor stalls. No sampling allowed. Products will be pre-packaged to the extent possible. Contactless forms of payment are preferred.
• We ask that you refrain from socializing and do not linger while in the Market area.
NY STATE TRAVEL ADVISORY:
Please note that these rules are subject to change as we see changes in allowable activities and the re-opening of New York.
The buildings at John Jay Homestead remain closed with the exception of the public restrooms.