Thank you for considering John Jay Homestead for your group tour destination. CLICK HERE for our Group Tour Reservation Request Form.
Below you will find some important information about our group tour offerings.
Docent-led tours of John Jay’s Historic Bedford House and the historic landscape are available.
We can work with your group to offer personalized tours based upon the group’s interest.
We are constantly expanding our tour offerings. Currently we offer a range of Founders Tours which examine the relationship between John Jay and other important Founders including George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, and Thomas Jefferson. Here are the Thematic Tours we are currently offering:
- The Homes of the Founding Fathers
- The Huguenots (available August 2019)
- John Jay & John Adams
- John Jay & Benjamin Franklin
- John Jay & Alexander Hamilton
- John Jay & Thomas Jefferson
- John Jay & John Paul Jones (available 2020)
- John Jay & Marquis de Lafayette
- John Jay & James Monroe
- John Jay & Gouverneur Morris (available November 2019)
- John Jay & George Washington
- John Jay & the American Revolution
- John Jay & the Presidents
- Lewis & Clark’s Great Expedition West
- The New York State Constitution (available 2020)
- Slavery & Abolition
- The United States Constitution
- The United States Supreme Court (available 2020)
- The War of 1812
- The Women of the Jay Family
Tours last approximately 1 hour and we ask that your group arrives 10 minutes before the start of the tour and meets at the designated location.
Groups of 10 or more people must book through our tour reservation system.
We can accommodate a maximum of 60 people at a time. However, only 30 people may tour the house at any given time. Larger groups will be given the option to visit our outbuildings (seasonal), take a self-guided landscape tour, or participate in a curator-led collections experience (additional charge of $7/person).
We accept group tours Tuesdays through Sundays from 9:30am until 3:00pm*
*excludes holidays and Sundays from October through April
The site includes several ramps and steps. Please let us know if anyone in your group has difficulty with steps and we will be happy to accommodate them.
Fees are based upon group size
Up to 15 people = $105
16 to 30 people = $210
31 to 45 people = $315
46 to 60 people = $420
The Ballroom is available for booking if your group would like to have lunch in the Historic House*
Boxed / bag lunch = $5/person
Catered lunch = $200/hour
*Fee is for the rental of the room only. We do not supply lunch
A $50 deposit is required when your tour is reserved.
Payment in full is required 10 days prior to your group tour.
All fees are non-refundable
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Bethany White at bethany.white@Parks.NY.Gov or 914-232-5651, ext. 107.