The Coachmen’s House was another of the buildings built about 1800-1802 by John Jay. Originally the coachmen lived above the stable in the near end of the upper floor, with the remainder of the top floor used as a hayloft. The ground floor was originally open, with bays for carriage horses. The stone ends contained storage rooms for tack.
- About John Jay
- Digital Content
- House Protection & Restoration