For information about availability and additional details about holding special events at John Jay Homestead, please contact Heather Iannucci at email@example.com.
A limited number of indoor and outdoor spaces at John Jay Homestead State Historic Site may be rented for private or public events.
The Iselin Wing
The main room in the 1920s Iselin wing is an elegant 30’ × 55’ space, paneled in the Georgian style and hung with historic Jay family portraits. Its capacity is 150 people, either standing or seated auditorium-style. For seated dinners, the capacity is 120. The room is wheelchair-accessible. Adjacent are a coat room, restrooms, and a porch where a meal can be staged. There is no working kitchen; cook’s tents are permitted near the porch.
No food service = $125/hour
With food but no catering or service staff = $200/hour
With catering = $500/hour
Gardens or other outdoor spaces
The Homestead also features many lovely garden locations, meadows, and fields where tents may be set up for events.
Rental fees; with tent:
Front fields = $2,500
Barn complex = $2,500
Brick Lot = $2,500
Front lawn = $4,000
Rental fees; without tent:
<25 people = $0
26-50 people = $25
51-100 people = $50
>100 people = $100
• Weddings, parties, corporate meetings and picnics, lectures, public fairs and the like may all be arranged by permit with John Jay Homestead staff.
• Permits must be obtained and approved in advance for the event itself, for the serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages, for posting signs, for amplified music, for selling food and/or merchandise to the public, and for the erection of tents. Additional fees may apply.
• Some additional fees may apply for the use of the site’s utilities, equipment, comfort station, etc. Please request a complete fee schedule for details.
• A certificate of insurance is required, naming the State of New York as additional insured.
• John Jay Homestead is only able to provide the space for your event. Persons or organizations holding events at John Jay Homestead are responsible for hiring their own caterers, party planners, parking attendants, florists, entertainers, temporary restroom facilities, and refuse removal.
• Non-profit organizations are eligible to receive a 25% discount on the rates given above.
• Rates may be higher for commercial or fundraising use.
• There is a staffing charge of approximately $50/hour for the duration of the event, including set up and clean up time.
If you’d like to schedule a site visit to discuss details and see the available spaces, please contact Heather Iannucci at Heather.Iannucci@parks.ny.gov.