Friends of John Jay Homestead invite you to join us for On the Farm (at Home)!
Pick up ‘Dinner in a Box’ from John Jay Homestead prepared by Farmer and the Fish, designed by La Maison Fete between 4:30pm and 5:30pm at John Jay Homestead.
Should social distancing guidelines relax significantly, we will invite you to stay and picnic at John Jay Homestead that evening. We will provide a special dinner for you to enjoy with family or friends either, in person or virtually.
Boxes will include everything you need to enjoy On the Farm at home: picnic snacks, three course meal, and table setting for your picnic. A la carte add ons include specialty cocktails, wildflower arrangements, and children’s meals.
Available as follows:
- Seed Sower – Box for 2 People ($250)
- Shepherd – Box for 4 People ($500)
- Harvester Table – Boxes for 8 People ($1,500)*
*If you would like to host a table for friends, virtually or in person, please purchase a Harvester Table, and we will be in touch to help arrange the details for your dinner party. Harvester Tables include flower arrangement and cocktails.
- Pimento Cheese & Sourdough Croutons ~ dilly pickle chips
- Spring Vegetable Strata ~ daily harvest, puff pastry & chaseholm creamery camembert
- Hawaiian Big Eye Tuna Hand Roll ~ house pickled ginger & farm horseradish
- Chilled Maine Lobster & Shrimp ~ sugar snaps & radish, radicchio & asparagus all from the farm, quinoa & farm herb vinaigrette
- Shrimp and Lobster Cocktail
- Purdy’s Fried Chicken Thighs & Legs, Smoke House Ribs ~ cheddar maple jalapeno cornbread, English pea & red potato dill salad, hot honey & Purdy’s BBQ sauce
*All box options include a picnic snack of house made kettle potato chips and dip and chocolate mousse for dessert.
Add On Options
Drinks, each bottle serves 2
- Rhubarb Cosmo
- Lemongrass Mojito
- Perfect Old Fashioned
Children’s Meal, serves 2
- Mac & Cheese and Crudite
We encourage all guests to bring food donations on June 13 to be distributed to local food banks that are supporting the growing population in our community experiencing food insecurity due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
**Please note that all payments are processed through Paypal, however you do not need a Paypal account to pay online. Follow the steps to enter any credit card you would like.
- June 13, 2020
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm